When you want your frontal wig to be on for an extended amount of time or if you're going on a trip and want to be sure you’re slaying all the way, glue down your frontal wig. It takes some time but in the long run, these installs are tight like glue. Learn how to go your frontal install with glue:
1. Braid down hair into cornrows and secure hair out of the way with a wig cap being sure no hair is left out to prevent damage to your edges from the glue being applied.
2. Remove excess oils from your hairline with a gentle cleanser. Like Micellar cleansing water or rubbing alcohol.
3. Time to test fit your wig on your head, line the wig up to your natural hairline about an inch over your hairline. Be sure you tighten your elastic band in the back so that the wig fits snuggly but not too tight on your head
4. Take the wig off and apply the first layer of glue spreading it evenly along your hairline. Allow the first layer to dry and apply a second layer of glue in the same way.
5. Wait until the glue is tacky and clear in color, do not install lace over glue that is still white.
6. Place the wig back on your head, being sure to not lay the lace down yet, and adjust the back of the wig to fit naturally. Match the hairline again and place the lace over the glue.
7. Press the lace into place with a comb working it through the hair
8. If you want baby hairs to be sure to cut strands of shorter hair along the hairline and get to laying those edge
9. Pull hair away from your hairline with clips and lay your edges
10. Use your lace band or a scarf over the edge of your lace to mold it into place. Style wig as desired. Once the styling is done remove the lace band or scarf and trim the excess lace off the wig.
Keep in mind when it’s time to remove your lace frontal wig, use adhesive remover to ensure your skin